Monday, November 9, 2009

The Lottery Short Story

Title of Selection: The Lottery
Author: Shirley Jackson
Pre-reading:
1. I think justice means being equal and having moral righteousness.

2. Every Christmas, my moms side of the family goes up to my uncle's house to celebrate. Every Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day our family gets together with my with both of my sides of the family.
Plot/reaction: The town is small and quaint with a town square, post office, and bank. The families always gather at the town square at 10 o'clock on June 27th for the "lottery". Mrs. Hutchinson has the paper with the black spot on it and got hit with stones.
Questions: 1. What is the "lottery"?
2. Why is Mrs. Hutchinson getting hit with stones?
Quote:"Bill Hutchinson held it up, and there was a stir in the crowd."

No comments:

Post a Comment